These Terms govern your use of the interactive websites, mobile and connected applications, software, and other online interactive features and services, including, but not limited to, emails, newsletters, forums, communities, sweepstakes and contests (collectively, the “Services”) operated by Screw Community and its subsidiaries (collectively “Screw Community” “we” “us” or “our”). Additional terms and conditions of use applicable to specific areas of the Services may also be posted in such areas and, together with these Terms, govern your use of those areas and are referred to collectively as the “Agreement.”
We reserve the right, in our discretion, to change or modify all or any part of the Agreement at any time, effective immediately upon notice published on this page. Your use of the Services constitutes your binding acceptance of these terms and conditions, including any changes or modifications made by Screw Community as permitted above. Please be sure to review the Agreement periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version. If at any time the terms and conditions of the Agreement are no longer acceptable to you, you should immediately cease all use of the Services. It is your responsibility to refer to the Agreement upon accessing the Services.
COPPA: The Services are directed to teenagers and adults and are not directed to children under the age of 13. You must be 13 years of age or older to use the Services outside of the European Union and European Economic Area, and 16 years of age or older in the European Union and European Economic Area. Screw Community complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and does not permit registration by, and will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, anyone under 13. By registering for any Services, you represent and warrant that you are 13 years of age or older or, if you reside in the European Union or European Economic Area, 16 years of age or older. Additionally, you must provide true, accurate and complete registration information to become a member of the Services (“Member”). Creating a Member account if you are under the age of 13 outside of the European Union and European Economic Area or 16 in the European Union and European Economic Area, under automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses constitutes unauthorized use of the Services, and such accounts will be deleted by Screw Community.
As part of the registration process, you may be asked to select a username and password and you will be responsible for all activities occurring under your username and for keeping your password secure. We may refuse to grant you a username that impersonates someone else, violates or infringes on the trademark or proprietary rights of a third party, or is vulgar, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by us in our sole discretion. You agree that your username and password is personal to you and should not be used to provide access to the Services to any other person or entity.
1. Your Use of Content
You acknowledge that the Services contain information, software, articles, reviews, content, photographs, audio and video clips, graphics, links, logos, trademarks, the “look and feel” of our websites, applications and software and other material (collectively, the “Content”) that are protected by copyright, trademark and/or other proprietary rights of Screw Community or third parties. All Content on the Services is protected by applicable copyright laws. You agree to comply with all copyright laws and any copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Content available on or accessed through the Services. Users of the Services may use the Content only for their personal, noncommercial use. Businesses, organizations or other legal entities may not become Members, and are not permitted to use the Services for any purpose, including but not limited to collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email and unauthorized framing of, or linking to, the Services or users on the Services.
Except as expressly permitted, you may not (i) modify, publish, transmit, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, adapt, aggregate, sell, transfer or in any way exploit any of the Content, code or Material (defined below), in whole or in part, or (ii) use any robot, spider, site search and/or retrieval application, or other device to scrape, extract, retrieve or index any portion of the Services. Content consisting of downloadable or web-based software may not be reverse engineered unless specifically authorized by the owner of the software’s patent and/or copyright. You also agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security related features of the Services or the Content, including features that prevent or restrict use or copying, or that enforce limitations on use.
You may only post on the Services content owned by you (such as your original statements or video clips), content for which you have received express written permission from the owner and content in the public domain (collectively, the “Material”). You assume all risk and responsibility for determining whether any Material is in the public domain. You hereby grant, transfer and assign to Screw Community and its affiliates, successors, assigns and licensees (collectively, “Licensee”) a fully-paid, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right and license to publish, distribute, reproduce, transmit, use, translate, display, perform, modify, revise, create derivative works of and archive the Material, in any form or media now known or hereafter developed (including without limitation in print, magnetic or electronic form), including, but not limited to, as part of the Services or in support of the Services through advertising or marketing, on any number of occasions in any form, and to sublicense third parties (including other users of the Services) to do any of the foregoing with further right of sublicense (the “License”), without payment or compensation to you and without seeking further permission from you. You represent and warrant that you are authorized to grant all rights set forth in the preceding sentence and that the exercise by Licensee of Licensee’s rights under the License shall not violate any laws, defame or libel any person, invade any person’s right of privacy or publicity or otherwise violate, misappropriate or infringe the rights of any person (including but not limited to any copyright or moral right). You agree that you are solely responsible for the Material that you post on the Services or transmit to others and agree that you will not hold Company responsible or liable for any materials or content you access or receive from other users of the Services.
You may download, copy and make any personal, non-commercial use of the Content and use that is expressly permitted by the United States Copyright Act of 1976, as amended (“Copyright Act”) and not prohibited by any section of the Copyright Act or by any other applicable law, rule or regulation; provided, however, that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content; and provided further that you shall not store electronically any significant portion of any Content.
To the extent that you provide us with any suggestions, feedback or other information relating to our business or the Services (including, but not limited to, suggested new products or services or improvements to existing products and services), such information is provided to us on a non-confidential and unrestricted basis, and you hereby grant to the Licensee (as defined above) a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, fully transferrable and sublicensable right and license to reproduce, display, distribute, use and fully exploit such suggestions, feedback and information.
2. Rules of Conduct
Screw Community has the right, but not the obligation, to investigate any illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Services and appropriate legal action may be taken, including without limitation, civil, and injunctive relief. While utilizing the Services, you may not:
- Use the Services for any commercial purpose, to distribute any advertising or solicitation of funds or goods and services, or to solicit users to join competitive online services;
- Post on the Services any links to any external Internet sites that are obscene or pornographic, or display pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- Post on the Services or transmit through the Services any Material that violates or infringes another person’s intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, third party music, videos, photos or other materials where you do not have written authority from the owner to post or transmit such materials);
- Post or transmit any Material that contains any advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation;
- Reformat, frame or mirror any portion of any web page that is part of the Service;
- Post Material containing restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- Submit any Material that impersonates a person or entity, falsely implies sponsorship or endorsement of that Material by the Services, Screw Community and/or any third party, falsify or delete any author attributions in any Material, or promote any information that you know is false or misleading;
- Transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a contaminating or destructive nature through the Services or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or the use and enjoyment of the Services by other users;
- Promote an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or videos or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- Submit Material, or engage in any activity, that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, harassing, threatening, unlawful, or violates the rights of any third party (including their rights of privacy or publicity) or that promotes or encourages illegal activity, racism, bigotry, hatred, physical harm or discrimination of any kind against any group or individual; or
- Harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users by electronic or other means.
3. Managing Content
Despite our rights outlined herein, you shall remain solely responsible for all Material you post. Screw Community has no obligation evaluate, to pre-screen and/or monitor the Material you post, however Screw Community reserves the right to edit or remove any Content or Material on the Services, in whole or in part, and to disclose any information or take any action necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request or to protect the rights, property or safety of Screw Community, its users and the public. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to such matters and that you further waive your right to any damages (from any party) related to such exposure.
Screw Community has the right, but not the obligation, to take any of the following actions in our sole discretion at any time and for any reason without giving you any prior notice:
- Restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of our Services;
- Change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of our Services;
- Refuse, move, edit or remove any Material for any reason;
- Refuse, move, edit or remove any Content that is available on the Services;
- Deactivate or delete your account(s) and all related information and files in your account(s);
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that Material posted by you violates their legal rights, including, but not limited to, their intellectual property rights or their rights of privacy or publicity;
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to law enforcement officials upon request if Screw Community determines in its sole discretion that such disclosure is in the interest of protecting its users or the public;
- Establish general practices and limits concerning use of our sites and Services.
You agree that Screw Community will not be liable to you or any third party for taking any of these actions. You understand and agree that our Services may include communications such as advertisements, service announcements and administrative messages from us or from our partners, and that these are considered part of the Services.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Screw Community and its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers and licensors (collectively, the “Screw Community Parties”) harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) incurred by any Screw Community Party in connection with:
- Your use of, or connection to, our Services;
- Any use or alleged use of your accounts or your passwords by any person, whether or not authorized by you;
- The content, the quality, or the performance of Material that you submit;
- Your violation of the rights of any other person or entity; or
- Your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations.
Screw Community reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with Screw Community’ defense of such claim
5. Termination of Service
6. Copyright Policy
You may not post, distribute, perform, display, transmit or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Screw Community has registered a designated agent with the Copyright Office.
A notification of claimed infringement must include the following:
(a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or trademark interest;
(b) a description of the copyrighted work(s) or trademark(s) that you claim has been infringed;
(c) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Services (including any additional identifying information such as URLs and post numbers to assist us in identifying the allegedly infringing material);
(d) your address, telephone number, and email address;
(e) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or trademark owner, its agent, or the law; and
(f) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or trademark owner or authorized to act on the copyright or trademark owner’s behalf.
If materials you have posted on the Services have been removed due to alleged infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights, Screw Community will notify you. If you believe your materials have been wrongly removed, you may file a counter-notification containing the following:
(a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on your behalf;
(b) a description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and where the material was located online before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
(c) a written statement by you that under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
(d) your address, telephone number, and email address; and
(e) a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of federal district court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under DMCA 512 subsection (c)(1)(c) or an agent of such person.
Upon Screw Community’ receipt of such counter-notice, Screw Community will provide the complainant with your contact information so that you have the ability to resolve the issue. Please note that when we forward the counter-notification, it includes your personal information. If you are concerned about protecting your anonymity, please consult with an attorney about other options. If the matter has been resolved or the complainant does not seek a court order within the statutory time period, we generally will re-post the material.
Screw Community reserves the right to remove any materials or content alleged to be infringing without prior notice, at Screw Community’ sole discretion, and without liability to you.
In appropriate circumstances, Screw Community will also terminate your account if you are determined to be a repeat infringer.
Any person who knowingly misrepresents that material is infringing or that material was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.